[kde-freebsd] Unable to build kdebase3

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Sun Feb 14 21:04:27 CET 2010

When attempting to build the x11/kdebase3 port, I am always presented
with this error message:

===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to kde at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/x11/kdebase3/work/kdebase-3.5.10/config.log" including the
output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good
idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
(e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/kdebase3.

I have zipped the following files into a BuildLog.tar.gz file available
here: http://www.seibercom.net/logs/BuildLog.tar.gz

1) The complete build log for kdebase3 (kdebase3.txt)
2) Contents of /var/db/pkg (Installed_Pkg.txt)
3) Config log (config.log)
4) The complete build log for kdelibs3 (kdelibs3.txt)

I included the x11/kdelibs3 build log since I noticed something
regarding it in the 'config.log' file.

I believe I have followed all of the directions in the UPDATING file,
although I could be in error. This is on a FreeBSD-7.2 machine.

This problem has become intolerable. Without a doubt, it is the worst
mass update I have ever experienced with FreeBSD.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

Go directly to jail.  Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.