[kde-freebsd] HEADS UP: [CFT] KDE SC 4.4.0 for FreeBSD.

Dima Panov fluffy at fluffy.khv.ru
Sun Feb 14 12:28:51 CET 2010

On Sunday 14 February 2010 15:59:53 Bartosz Fabianowski wrote:
> I am in the process of installing KDE 4.4.0 on a brand new AMD64 FreeBSD
> 8-STABLE box and have run into a couple of issues. I spent some time
> investigating and this is what I found:
>

> (1) graphics/kdegraphics4 requires textproc/soprano to be installed with
> the Redland backend. I tried using no backends for Soprano or only the
> Virtuoso backend. In both cases, graphics/kdegraphics4 refused to even
> configure.
> => textproc/soprano should have the Redland backend as a hard dependency

Soprano have redland dependency option on by default.
But good point, I might change my opinion to hard dependency list :)

> (2) textproc/redland allows you to choose alternate database backends
> (MySQL, PgSQL, SQLite, Virtuoso) via the port's options. If one (or
> more) alternate backends are selected, textproc/redland builds fine. But
> then, textproc/soprano fails to pick it up. During the configuration
> stage of textproc/soprano, the following message is printed and the
> Redland backend is disabled:

Something wrong with your local installation. It builds fine without any additional
backends at local machine and tinderboxes.

But you right, using additional backends still broken for now :(

> "Redland with broken NEEDED section detected, disabling"
>
> either
> => textproc/soprano should be fixed to work with textproc/redland having
> backends other than BDB
> or
> => the alternative database backends for textproc/redland should be
> removed from the port's options
>

> (3) x11/kdelibs4 is responsible for providing the Nepomuk library.
> According to [1], Nepomuk will only build if Soprano is installed with
> Raptor as its backend. The port currently does not check this and always
> has Nepomuk-related files in its pkg-plist, even if the dependencies
> were not met and Nepomuk did not compile.
> either
> => x11/kdelibs4 should check whether Soprano is built with Raptor
> support and conditionally include Nepomuk-related files in the pkg-plist
> or
> => the solution to (1) above should be applied, implicitly fixing this
>

> (4) While I have not gotten this far yet myself, according to [2],
> Nepomuk and Redland are hard dependencies for kdepim (I am not sure
> which one of the kdepim-related ports are affected)
> => the solution to (1) above should be applied, fixing (3) with it
>

> (5) This does not affect any of the above but during my experimentation
> I found that databases/libiodbc (the Virtuoso backend for Soprano) has a
> run-time dependency on databases/virtuoso. However, instead of setting
> RUN_DEPENDS like other ports, it informs you of that dependency via its
> pkg_message.
> => databases/libiodbc should have RUN_DEPENDS on databases/virtuoso
>
> Now that I finally have a textproc/soprano with textproc/redland
> backend, I am rebuilding x11/kdelibs4 to see whether Nepomuk gets build
> properly, allowing graphics/kdegraphics4 and kdepim to be built. If not,

libiodbc is always depended by qt4 itself.

--
Dima "Red Fox" Panov @ Home | C73E 2B72 1FFD 61BD E206 1234 A626 76ED 93E3 B018
Khabarovsk, Russia          | 2D30 2CCB 9984 130C 6F87 BAFC FB8B A09D D539 8F29