[kde-freebsd] Issue with latest kde modules upgrade with my laptop running current.

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Thu Feb 11 19:36:50 CET 2010

Quoting Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito at gmail.com>:

> On Thursday 11 February 2010 15:17:39 eculp wrote:
>> When I start x and have kde configured in xinitrc, it seems to come up
>> correctly with sound, mouse, etc.  akonadiserver has two windows open
>> and one can be canceled and the other no.  If I look at the terminal
>> window that I use to startx and see what is happening it stops after
>> the following lines:
>>        "akonadiserver" crashed too often and will not be restarted!
>>         QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
>>         kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/local/kde4/lib/kde4/kio_trash.so
>> and doesn't continue.
>
> What do those akonadiserver windows say? What if you run akonadiserver
> manually, does it spit any backtrace on the terminal?

Running the akonadiserver in a term window without xorg running I have
put it at: http://encontacto.net/bsd/akonadictlSTARTlaptop

For comparison I also ran it on another 7.3 machine that kde4 works
fine and it is at: http://encontacto.net/bsd/akonadictlSTARTencontacto

dbus errors in both.

I ran akonadictl start.  Hopefully that is correct.

Thanks,

ed

P.S.  I will also try to copy the akonadiserver window before it
        hangs and send it.