[kde-freebsd] how to install kde4.4.0 on Freebsd 7.2?

Troels Kofoed Jacobsen tkjacobsen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:35:06 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 06:59:05PM +0000, Hendrix El wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have got installed Freebsd 7.2 on my pc and I have read that you
> don't want to put kde 4.4.0 in the ports tree before FreeBSD 7.3 was
> released.
>
> How can I to install kde4.4.0 without ports then?. Thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers.

I have previously had good experiences using kdesvn-build on linux to
build kde out of svn. I'm pretty sure you can point it to the stable
branch as well. What's nice with this tool is that installs as user, so
you don't touch your system at all.

Does anyone know if this will work on FreeBSD or if some patches are
missing?

http://kdesvn-build.kde.org/

Best regards
Troels