[kde-freebsd] Debugging kscd on KDE4

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Fri Feb 5 17:23:19 CET 2010

On Tuesday 02 February 2010 10:14:07 am Martin Wilke wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:46:46 -0800
>
> Kent Stewart <kstewart at owt.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 02 February 2010 01:03:59 am Martin Wilke wrote:
> > > On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 15:09:54 +0800
> >
> > When I try to run kscd, all it does is sig-11. When I add
> > WANT_DEBUG and rebuild kdemultimedia4, I still don't get a
> > traceback. What do I need to do to get the traceback so that it can
> > be fixed and I can play CDs on my system?
> >
> > Kent
>
> You need also to rebuild all other kde ports.

I found that I can't cleanly do that. I followed the current
instructions in the FAQ and added WITH_DEBUG=YES and WANT_QT_DEBUG=YES
to my make.conf. I tried shortcuts to build the kde4 modules. That
didn't work. So, I finally ran
"portupgrade -fR x11/kde4"
and libxine fails to build. I get the same error as

ports/115437: multimedia/libxine: does not compile with certain env
variables

This error goes back to libxine-1.1.9 and seems to be toggled on FreeBSD
by the "WITH_DEBUG". Leaving the previously built libxine-1.1.16 (pre
W_D) in and trying to run kscd still sig-11 aborts with no traceback.

I wonder if some remnants of kde3 are affecting my system.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA