[kde-freebsd] Stop energy saver

Jerry kde-freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Sat Aug 21 17:28:23 CEST 2010

FreeBSD-8.1 / amd64 with Platform Version 4.4.5 (KDE 4.4.5)

I am unable to stop the energy saver from shutting down my monitor if
it has been idle for approximately 10 minutes. I have a screen saver
configured that works correctly. However, the KDE energy saver starts
in approximately 10 minutes of user inactivity and shuts the monitor
down. This causes an unacceptable delay when I return to use the PC. I
have not found a way to totally turn it off, and I have tried.

I checked to make sure it was not the monitor's build-in energy saver.
The monitor shutdown only occurs when KDE is running.

--
Jerry ✌
KDE-FreeBSD.user at seibercom.net

I'm defending her honor, which is more than she ever did.