[kde-freebsd] Screen Saver & right click not working

Rusty Nejdl rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com
Tue Aug 17 19:21:37 CEST 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 07:24:39 -0400, Jerry
<kde-freebsd.user at seibercom.net> wrote:
> Using Platform Version 4.4.5 (KDE 4.4.5) on FreeBSD 8.1 / amd64
>
> Two new problems have recently surfaced with KDE on my system.
>
> 1) The screen saver simply stopped working. The screen does go blank
> after 15 minutes; however, that is not what it is suppose to do.
> Actually, it appears to turn off. I have to vigorously move the mouse
> to wake it up.
>
> 2) Right clicking on the desktop has no apparent effect. I use to get a
> pop up menu; now nothing.
>
> Akonadi still crashes upon start-up; however, it has never worked
> since day one. I wish I could just totally remove it from my system.

Jerry,

I am only able to reproduce the Akonadi issues.  My right click menu
works just fine.  The screen saver comes on after 1 minute.  Only
suggestion I have is to setup your xinit to log errors:

[tethys]:/home/rnejdl> cat .xinitrc
exec /usr/local/kde4/bin/startkde 2>&1 | tee ~/.xsession-errors

And then look at .xsession-errors and see what it contains.

Rusty Nejdl