[kde-freebsd] Fw: Facile-1.1 PORTREVISION

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 19 19:01:07 CEST 2010

Please verify this and, if confirmed, bump PORTREVISION f that port.
Tnx.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 12:25:00 -0700
From: Kent Stewart <kstewart at owt.com>
To: "Ion-Mihai Tetcu" <itetcu at freebsd.org>
Cc: freebsd-ports at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Facile-1.1 PORTREVISION

On Friday 16 April 2010 07:48:10 pm Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:57:45 -0700
>
> Kent Stewart <kstewart at owt.com> wrote:
> > I just encountered a problem with kdeedu-4. The response is use
> > search Luke; however, facile needs to be rebuilt. It should be
> > PORTREVISION so that a rebuild is forced.
> >
> > I have been waiting for the massive changes to settle down and only
> > facile and mplayer  have presented problems.
>
> What are this problems?

When you try to compile kdeedu4, you get a conflict

Error: Files /usr/local/lib/ocaml/facile/facile.cmxa
>        and /usr/local/lib/ocaml/stdlib.cmxa
>        make inconsistent assumptions over interface Buffer
> *** Error code 2

This is caused by the presence an older compiled version of facile-1.1.
When you force the rebuild, kdeedu4 rebuilds successfully.  I think it
should have been part of your massive upgrade and PORTREVISIONed to
force a rebuild. It still needs to be forced to rebuild.

Kent
--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B