[kde-freebsd] High CPU usage (14%) by kdeinit4 in KDE 4.4.2

Kalum S kalum_slk at gmx.com
Thu Apr 8 14:50:30 CEST 2010

Hello,
I successfully compiled and installed kde 4.4.2 on freebsd from area51
and everything is working succesfully and I am a very happy (and proud)
user of freebsd :-)

Unfortunately kdeinit4 persistently consumes 14% of cpu always. Methods
of reducing this as suggested for kde 3.5 like adding

[DirWatch]
PollInterval=60000

to .kderc did not have any effect with the cpu still being at 14%.

This whole problem is probably due to the well known effect of kdeinit4
polling directories.

I would be very gratefull if you could tell me of anyway of solving
this as I have a laptop and every iota of saved cpu cycles is
beneficial.

Thanking you in advance,
Grendel