[kde-freebsd] kde4: zfs acl

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Mon Sep 28 23:27:44 CEST 2009

on 29/09/2009 00:18 Alberto Villa said the following:
> On Monday 28 September 2009 23:13:44 Adriaan de Groot wrote:
>> I expect ZFS acls. Are they accessible through the usual (?) API? Don't
>> forget, not even Solaris KDE4 supports ZFS in any meaningful way.

Yes, they are accessible through usual API, that would be acl(3).
Not sure (and don't really care) about Solaris.

> from http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFS:
> Currently ZFS on FreeBSD doesn't support ACLs. ZFS itself supports NFSv4-style
> ACLs, which is different than the existing POSIX.1e implementation in FreeBSD,
> which means that first thing to do is to add support for NFSv4-style ACLs to
> FreeBSD, which is being done as a GSoC project
> (http://wiki.freebsd.org/NFSv4_ACLs).

These are old news, NFSv4-style ACLs are already implemented in head (and
probably 8.0 pre-release) by trasz.

In my original email I gave the output of getfacl(1) command which uses standard
APIs to access ACLs.
I re-produce the output again for your convenience:

$ getfacl ~/Pictures/History
# file: /home/avg/Pictures/History
# owner: avg
# group: staff