[kde-freebsd] Kopete 0.12.7 (KDE 3.5.10) && change in Yahoo protocoll

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Sep 18 09:31:53 CEST 2009

El día Thursday, September 17, 2009 a las 05:31:56PM -0300, Raphael Kubo da Costa escribió:

> > We understand your frustration.
> >
> > As KDE3 is no longer the focus of development upline, it is highly unlikely
> > that there will be a fix for this.
> >
> > So short of opting for a different client that supports Y!, KDE4 might be in
> > your future.

I've compiled and tested KDE4 a year ago and made the decision that
KDE4 is no option, especially not for my smaller netbook EeePC 900
(where I run exactly the same system, 8-CURRENT, as on my big dual core
Dell M4400 laptop, where KDE4 perhaps would fit);

what other client could I use for Yahoo?

> > Sorry, not the answer you were looking for.
>
> If I understood the issue correctly, there's more information about
> this here: http://mattr.info:8080/blog/2009/06/24/kopete-and-yahoo/
>
> And yes, KDE3 isn't maintained anymore, so the fixes have only been
> done to KDE4.

Thanks for the information; I have read the blog and maybe some kind
soul will back-port the existing fix to KDE3.5.10

Thanks for your feedback provided in any case.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211