[kde-freebsd] kde4 and fam

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Sat Sep 12 10:37:58 CEST 2009

on 12/09/2009 06:47 Thomas Abthorpe said the following:
> On September 11, 2009 07:49:12 am Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> Is this still true? For FreeBSD specifically?
>
> I think this is old news. Somebody should fix that (tm>

Thank you!
Just a couple of notes:
1). I think that our port has a redundant patch for default KDirWatch method
selection - KDE code already has FreeBSD ifdef at that place;
2). maybe we could change the default method to FAM or change default polling
interval to something greater or, at least, prominently notify users -
rescanning all directories every 0.5 seconds creates noticeable CPU load.

>> BTW, can KDirWatch be configured via GUI or only via editing kdedrc?
>
> Manual, i think.

OK, thanks again!

--
Andriy Gapon