[kde-freebsd] Issue with system-config-printer-kde.py

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Sep 8 19:49:17 CEST 2009

Forgive me if this was discussed elsewhere, but I don't remember seeing it :)

Using the latest 4.3.1 from ports, and trying to run the printer config via systemsettings -> Printer Configuration throws this error:

   File "/usr/PCBSD/local/kde4/share/apps/system-config-printer-kde/system-config-printer-kde.py", line 32, in <module>
     import locale
   File "/usr/PCBSD/local/lib/python2.6/locale.py", line 15, in <module>
     import functools
   File "/usr/PCBSD/local/lib/python2.6/functools.py", line 10, in <module>
     from _functools import partial, reduce
ImportError: /usr/PCBSD/local/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/_functools.so: Undefined symbol "PyObject_GenericGetAttr"

I did some looking online, and was able to find this information about
the error:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2004-June/265077.html