[kde-freebsd] [Call for Help] kpythonpluginfactory (Printer Configuration)

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 17:11:41 CET 2009

Hi,

It appears that kpythonpluginfactory does not work when the python script
calls a lib-dynload object (such as 'import time').  A typical message is:

ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/time.so: Undefined symbol
"PyExc_IOError"

This stops system-settings-printer-kde from working (and, I think plasma-
python scripting).  I know this worked in KDE 4.2.0.  A tentative speculation
to the cause leads me to conclude something happened to FreeBSD (I still needs
to do an upgrade to RC2)*.

I did, however, find a work around: get kpythonpluginfactory to link
statically to python.  This obviously leads to a bigger file.

Does anyone have KDE <4.2.2 running, if so please install print/system-config-
printer-kde and see if you can load the "Printer Configuration" in
systemsettings.  Please report if the config module loads and what version of
KDE and FreeBSD you are running.

Thanks,

David

*I'm also having problems with cups-smb and this may be related