[kde-freebsd] ports/139798: audio/arts: artsd crashes with SIGSEGV on 9-CURRENT

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sat Oct 24 09:20:03 CEST 2009

The following reply was made to PR ports/139798; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/139798: audio/arts: artsd crashes with SIGSEGV on 9-CURRENT
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 09:14:01 +0200

 With the helping hand of others I could solve the problem with the
 following:

 Hello Tijl,

 Thanks for your helping hand! And, you hit the problem:

 $ artsd -l 0
 artsd version is 1.5.10
 gsl: using Unix98 pthreads directly for mutexes and conditions
 [artsd:  1738] SoundServerStartup --> got lock
 autodetecting driver:
  - toss: 4
  - jack: -1
  - null: -1
  - oss: 10
 ... which means we'll default to oss
 device capabilities: revision0 realtime trigger mmap
 buffering: 8 fragments with 1024 bytes (audio latency is 46.4 ms)
 virtualize StereoVolumeControl
 device capabilities: revision0 realtime trigger mmap
 buffering: 8 fragments with 1024 bytes (audio latency is 46.4 ms)
 audio format is 44100 Hz, 16 bits, 2 channels
 addDirectory(/usr/local/lib/mcop,)
 addDirectory(/usr/local/lib/mcop/Arts,Arts)
 addDirectory(/usr/local/lib/mcop/Arts/Environment,Arts::Environment)
 addDirectory(/usr/local/lib/mcop/Noatun,Noatun)
 addDirectory(/home/guru/.mcop/trader-cache,)
 Arts::MidiManager registered successfully.
 [artsd:  1738] SoundServerStartup <-- released lock

 (now I run artsplay from another session)

 UnixManager: got notifyIO
 socketconnection created, fd = 9
 search playobject, extension = ogg
 creating akodeXiphPlayObject to play file
 /usr/local/share/sounds/KDE_Startup_1.ogg
 MCOP ObjectManager: Could not load extension libarts_akode.la.
 MCOP ObjectManager: can't find implementation for akodeXiphPlayObject.
 Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)
 $

 i.e. the SIGSEGV is result of a missing pkg libltdl-2.2.6a_1.tbz; I
 installed this and KDE's sound is fine now.

 The problem is that installing only kde-3.5.10_2 will not require and install
 this package on the fly:

 $ pkg_info -r kde-3.5.10_2    | fgrep libltdl
 $ pkg_info -r arts-1.5.10_2,1 | fgrep libltdl

 Someone should fix the dependencies, I think.

 Thanks again for your help.

 	matthias