[kde-freebsd] Login hangs

Skylar Thompson skylar at cs.earlham.edu
Mon Oct 19 03:02:10 CEST 2009

I've just installed PC-BSD, which is FreeBSD 7.2 w/ Xorg 1.6.1 and KDE
4.2.4. The hardware is a Dell Inspiron 1100 with an Intel i915 graphics
card and GM45 chipset. I'm running into a problem where all logins to
KDE hang. Here's the symptoms:

Whenever I login using KDE, I get the splash screen for a minute or so,
and then a black screen with a mouse cursor. I can move the mouse
cursor, but I never get anything from KDE (task bar, background, etc.).
I ssh'd in and kded4 was using ~25% of the CPU. There were some
suspicious errors in ~/.xsessions-errors, so I've attached that file.

Let me know if there's anything else I should provide.

Thanks,

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar at cs.earlham.edu)
-- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/