[kde-freebsd] KDE4: All settings lost after kde upgrade with portupgrade

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Mon Nov 30 20:40:16 CET 2009

Rusty Nejdl wrote:
> Yuri,
>
> Portupgrade wouldn't change any of your settings since those are stored in
> your home directory.   The only 2 ideas I have at present is that you
> somehow lost your .kde4 directory or you logged in as a different user.  I
> upgraded 2 PC's without issue over the weekend, one 32 bit and one 64 bit.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rusty Nejdl
> http://networking.ringofsaturn.com

No, user is the same, also the same is the boot procedure.
My guesses:
1. kde4 code has changed and maybe is incompatible with the old structure.
2. kde4 was upgraded on the system that was running kde4 at the time of
upgrade, and there are some incompatibilities of interfaces of old/new
utilities caused some mixup.

Yuri