[kde-freebsd] Accidental panel deletion kde4.3.3

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 09:13:33 CET 2009

On Sunday 29 November 2009 21:17:40 David Southwell wrote:
> I accidentally deleted the panels from kde4.3.3 screen. The fact I cannot
> honestly blame the cat whom I was shooing away from the keyboard whilst
> wielding my mouse adds to the frustration of not being able to use the
>  panels, change screens, launch applications or see the clock!!
>
> Can anyone tell me how I might rebuild the default panels and application
> links?

You could always do it manually (right click on desktop and "add panel" then
"add widgets").

Alternatively you could remove ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc,
this will wipe the plasma setting clean and *should* restore the defaults.

If all else fails remove ~/.kde4 (wiping all KDE settings, this will restore
all defaults when you next log in).

Regards