[kde-freebsd] ensuring KDE svn trunk builds on BSD

Dima Panov fluffy at fluffy.khv.ru
Wed Nov 18 00:49:44 CET 2009

On Wednesday 18 November 2009 08:07:43 Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 November 2009 19:38:42 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hey there,
>
> > I'm looking for people who are interested in providing Nightly builds of
> >  KDE 4 svn trunk for Solaris.
> > Recently we set up cdash dashboards for several KDE modules (kdesupport,
> > kdelibs, kdebase, kdepimlibs, kdepim, kdenetwork, kdeadmin,
> > kdeaccessibility , kdeexamples) on http://my.cdash.org.
> >
> > The idea is to build KDE every night on different machines and operating
> > systems to make sure it stays building everywhere.
> > If something breaks, notification emails with the errors can be sent,
> > e.g. to this list or to the committers.
> >
> > Until now only me and Volker Krause are providing Nightly builds there,
> > and both on Linux. Now most KDE developers are using Linux, so having
> > Nightly builds on non-Linux systems is actually even more important.
> >
> > So, is anybody here interested to run a Nightly build of KDE on
> > Free/Net/OpenBSD once per day ?
>
> I'm interested in doing that, as every once in a while I try to compile
>  trunk and make sure it runs at least on FreeBSD. I believe the FreeBSD
>  team has something like that for their ports (tinderbox, for example), but
>  that only compiles the stable releases.
>
> Dear porters (fluffy, tabthorpe, miwi etc), do you have any opinion on
>  this?

Yep, we widely use tinderboxes with various jais inside.
Tracking of nightly svn snaps in tindy can be realised in simple way, but will take a lots
of system resources while building.

Say for myself - I have primary only my 3-years-old laptop for development :(
However, I can help to the project if it fit in my resources :)

--
Dima "Red Fox" Panov @ Home | C73E 2B72 1FFD 61BD E206 1234 A626 76ED 93E3 B018
Khabarovsk, Russia          | 2D30 2CCB 9984 130C 6F87 BAFC FB8B A09D D539 8F29