[kde-freebsd] k3b-kde4 1.68.0 alpha3 port

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Fri Nov 6 12:23:51 CET 2009

on 04/11/2009 09:46 Andriy Gapon said the following:
> on 22/10/2009 00:55 Jason E. Hale said the following:
>> Attached is a port for the latest KDE4 version of K3B (1.68.0 alpha3):
>> http://www.k3b.org/
>> This is still labeled alpha, but may be useful for some users who wish to
>> reduce the need for KDE3 libraries.  You may, however, safely have this port
>> installed along side of the KDE3 version of K3B.
>>
>> I added support for sysutils/cdrkit, but I would not recommend it for users
>> with DVD drives since sysutils/dvd+rw-tools requires sysutils/cdrtools which
>> conflicts with cdrkit.
>>
>> I would appreciate any other feedback or suggestions.
>
> Jason,
>
> sorry for my belated feedback - this looks and works very good.
> Please commit/submit to the ports tree.

Hmm, it seems that there is another issue.
Looks like k3b invokes cdrecord with unsupported device specification.
Not sure if this is Linux vs FreeBSD issue, or something else (e.g. cdrecord vs
cdrkit).

[cdrecord] scsidev: '/dev/cd0'
[cdrecord] devname: '/dev/cd0'
[cdrecord] scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
[cdrecord] /usr/local/bin/cdrecord: Invalid argument. Open by 'devname' not
supported on this OS. Cannot open or use SCSI driver.
[cdrecord] /usr/local/bin/cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try
'cdrecord dev=help'.

Looks like cdrecord was started with dev=/dev/cd0 while on FreeBSD it should be
started with something like dev=5,0,0.

--
Andriy Gapon