[kde-freebsd] [SOLVED] [Call for Help] kpythonpluginfactory (Printer Configuration)

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 16:26:45 CET 2009

On Thursday, 5 November 2009 06:45:02 Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> 2009/10/31 David Naylor <naylor.b.david at gmail.com>:
> > On Saturday, 31 October 2009 10:26:55 David Naylor wrote:
> >
> > It still does not work under RC2.  I am now doubting this is a regression
> > and it was planetary alignments that had it working for me previously :-)
> >
> > I wrote a test program that *should* trigger the same problem.  See
> > rtld_global.shar for the program.  The default behaviour is my fix, to
> > trigger the problem run `make -DTRIGGER`.  It is a small program and
> > should be easy to figure out.
> >
> > See attached for the fix.  Add the patch to
> > devel/kdebindings4-python-pykde4 and reinstall.
> >
> > If you encounter any problems please let me know.
> >
> > Regards
>
> Have you tried sending the patch upstream?

This is a FreeBSD specific workaround that links to a bug (or different
behaviour than Linux).  See PR bin/140143 (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-
pr.cgi?pr=bin/140143) for the details.  I'm not familiar with the standards
governing dlopen but I suspect this is a bug with FreeBSD's rtld?

Regards

P.S. I've got an improved test program (does all tests in a single run)
P.P.S. I've confirmed that the test program runs without fail on openSUSE 10.2