[kde-freebsd] Konqueror Unusable

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.kde at mailing.thruhere.net
Wed May 20 18:55:31 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 20 May 2009 18:14:51 David Naylor wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 May 2009 14:18:05 Mel Flynn wrote:
> > On Tuesday 19 May 2009 18:50:25 David Naylor wrote:
> > > Second is I cannot type in text boxes within Konqueror, the location
> > > bar at the top works however after making a search at www.google.com
> > > the text box at the top doesn't respond (i.e. to refine the search).
> > >
> > > This problem also appears then visiting bugs.kde.org, I'm unable to
> > > type in the text boxes there.
> >
> > You're not alone, running -current +4.2.3, let's compare deplist for
> > kdebase: % sed -ne 's/^@pkgdep //p' /var/db/pkg/kdebase-4.2.3/+CONTENTS
> >
> > |sort
>
> *snip* -> save some electrons...
>
> There are a few differences between our deplists:
> +pth-2.0.7

/me has gpgme with native threads.

> -raptop-1.4.18
> +raptop-1.4.16_1

Saves me an update to see if it's working then.

> I read a claim that it was Xserver-1.6 and Hotkey Gestures that is causing
> the problem, perhaps this has something to do with it?

Dunno? Can I disable Hotkey Gestures somewhere?
In the 4.2.2 > 4.2.3 update Xorg server was collateral damage, so it makes
sense as it started since then.

No other textboxes are affected for me, it's confined to konqueror and
embedded versions of it (like ktorrent's search). Nothing in ~/.xsession-
errors.
--
Mel