[kde-freebsd] [kopete-devel] tcp_info and FreeBSD

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Wed May 20 14:58:01 CEST 2009

2009/5/20 Roman Jarosz <kedgedev at gmail.com>:
> Other platforms are fine because there's ifdef for linux.
> As you said FreeBSD should also have this the only difference is that
> the tcpi_last_ack_recv and tcpi_last_data_sent in FreeBSD have
> __tcpi_last_ack_recv and __tcpi_last_data_sent I don't know how to detect
> FreeBSD but it should be possible with some ifdefs
Hi,

According to http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/netinet/tcp.h?rev=1.43,
that API/ABI for FreeBSD is unstable and also the fields padded with
'__' are used to "make room for omitted fields in case they are added
later", so currently they aren't implemented.

In this case, I think FreeBSD (and other BSDs I think, when I was
googling I read NetBSD doesn't have tcp_info at all, but that may have
changed) should not use this structure at all.

Cheers,
Raphael