[kde-freebsd] gcc's CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH and LIBRARY_PATH when compiling trunk

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Mon May 18 16:29:28 CEST 2009

Hello,

When trying to compile trunk with kdesvn-build I often got build
errors because some files needed headers from /usr/local/include (such
as GL/gl.h and others), but didn't explicitly include
/usr/local/include with -I during compilation. I had to export
LIBRARY_PATH and CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH for it to work.

Is this the default behaviour of gcc in FreeBSD? Shouldn't headers in
/usr/local/include (and libraries from /usr/local/lib) be included
automatically?

Cheers,
Raphael