[kde-freebsd] request for test: printer-applet, system-config-printer-kde

Max Brazhnikov makc at issp.ac.ru
Wed May 6 10:15:39 CEST 2009

Hi,

KDE 4.2.3 will be released tomorrow and we are almost ready to update our kde4
ports. With this update I'd like to introduce a few new ports:
devel/kdebindings-python*
print/kdeutils4-printer-applet
print/system-config-printer-kde.

I've tested them quickly with virtual cups-pdf printer, they seems to be more
or less usable.

Known issues:
1) python scriptengine for Plasma is disabled in kdebase4-workspace currently,
so still no support for python based plasmoids. There is no problem to enable
it, however I'd like to not bloat workspace dependencies with pyqt4/pykde4
stuff now and prefer to make separate ports for python scriptengine later.

2) system-config-printer fails on *.UTF-8 locales, the problem however
seems to be python related:

~> python /usr/local/kde4/bin/system-config-printer-kde
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/kde4/bin/system-config-printer-kde", line 3249, in <module>
    applet = GUI()
  File "/usr/local/kde4/bin/system-config-printer-kde", line 178, in __init__
    self.populateList(start_printer, change_ppd)
  File "/usr/local/kde4/bin/system-config-printer-kde", line 342, in
populateList
    self.printers = cupshelpers.getPrinters(self.cups)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cupshelpers/cupshelpers.py",
line 435, in getPrinters
    printer = Printer(name, connection, **printer)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cupshelpers/cupshelpers.py",
line 40, in __init__
    self.update (**kw)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cupshelpers/cupshelpers.py",
line 88, in update
    self._expand_flags()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cupshelpers/cupshelpers.py",
line 68, in _expand_flags
    locale.setlocale (locale.LC_CTYPE, current_ctype)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/locale.py", line 478, in setlocale
    return _setlocale(category, locale)
locale.Error: unsupported locale setting

I haven't looked further, so any clue welcome.

Thanks,
Max