[kde-freebsd] ANNOUNCE: Custom GNOME-based FreeBSD iso released

Thomas Abthorpe tabthorpe at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 30 18:32:00 CEST 2009

At this time KDE has not announced an EOL on 3.5. That said, you will
likely see it in the tree through the end of 2009.

HTH

Thomas

On 30/06/2009, Andrew Gould <andrewlylegould at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/6/30 Manolis Kiagias <sonicy at otenet.gr>:
>>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Continuing the effort in producing custom FreeBSD builds, I am pleased
>> to announce a GNOME-based one.
>> This includes a complete GNOME 2.26.2 desktop and also the
>> gnome-power-tools and gnome-fifth-toe package collections.
>>
>> As always, feedback is welcome.
>>
>> Manolis Kiagias
>
> It would be interesting to see how much demand exists for an
> installation DVD with KDE 3.5.  (KDE lost a large amount of voter
> share in Linux Journal's last Readers' Choice Awards.)
>
> Does anyone know how long KDE 3.5 will be available in the ports?
> (Expecting its eventual demise, I switched to Gnome, then to XFCE4.)
>
> Andrew

Sent from my mobile device

Thomas Abthorpe, FreeBSD Ports Committer
tabthorpe at FreeBSD.org, http://people.freebsd.org/~tabthorpe