[kde-freebsd] kdebase4 regression -- startkde missing

martinko gamato at users.sf.net
Mon Jun 15 23:14:38 CEST 2009

Hi list,

I installed kdebase4 the same way I did kdebase3.  However, I realised I
cannot start the desktop with startkde[4].  The reason is that while it
used to be part of kdebase3 now it's part of kdebase4-workspace.
I don't know the reasons behind this but pkg-descr says "Installing this
package (and its dependencies) will provide you with everything required
for a minimal, functional KDE desktop" which is not quite true now.

Martin