[kde-freebsd] Some windows in kde4 sometimes become black after resize/maximize

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 10:48:44 CEST 2009

On Thursday 11 June 2009 22:18:34 Yuri wrote:
> David Naylor wrote:
> > Have you tried:
> >  - The latest nvidia-driver?
>
> Yes, still a problem.
>
> >  - Toggling "Enable direct rendering"?
>
> This fixes it, but w/out direct rendering performance suffers a lot.

That is strange, my indirect rendering doesn't change the performance.

Ok, give these changes a try (in xorg.conf [please backup xorg.conf first]).
This should fix your indirect rendering performance:

(Only these options should be present under section "Screen")

Section "Screen"
	Option	"RenderAccel" "True"
	Option	"AllowGLXWithComposite" "True"
	Option	"DamageEvents" "True"
	#Option	"SLI" "Auto"
EndSection

(NOTE: No options should be present under sections "Device" or "ServerLayout")

((
I assume you have compositing enabled, if not add this to the end of xorg.conf

Section "Extensions"
	Option	"Composite" "Enable"
EndSection
))

If this doesn't fix your problem could you please send me your xorg.conf
and /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

Regards,