[kde-freebsd] Critical Error - Kdialog

Jason E. Hale bsdkaffee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 10:02:06 CEST 2009

On Monday 27 July 2009 15:06:48 Steven Friedrich wrote:
> You do not have PyQT installed.  This is a critical dependency for Liquid
> Weather ++.  Please install it and try again.
>
> But I do have PyQT installed:
> py25-qt-3.17.6,2    Python bindings for the Qt toolkit
>
> I'm running on FreeBSD 7.2p2 and KDE4.2.4
>
> I also had this issue under KDE3.5.10, but it went away after installing
> the py_qt port. Well, it also needed ImageMagick, which I installed.

There is a port for Liquid Weather for KDE3: deskutils/superkaramba-lwp that
pulls in all of the required dependencies.  The port is not meant for KDE4,
however.  IMO, LWP really isn't meant for KDE4 either...it hasn't been updated
in over a year.

> I also installed ImageMagic under KDE4.
>
> I've reinstalled, using portupgrade -f, kdebase, kdebase-runtime, kdebase-
> workspace, and kdeutils.
>
> What can I do?

If you like Liquid Weather, I would highly suggest looking at the
deskutils/plasma-applet-yawp port.  It is very similar to LWP and doesn't
require all of the extra dependencies.  Since it is a plasmoid, it integrates
very well with the KDE4 desktop.

- Jason