[kde-freebsd] 7.1R && Flash9 but teleSUR still asking for download FlashPlayer

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Jan 26 14:32:26 CET 2009

Quoting Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de>:

> El día Monday, January 26, 2009 a las 05:23:06AM -0600, eculp escribió:
>
>> Quoting Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de>:
>>

>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I've installed 7.1R and portupgraded ports; flash9 is now working after
>> > following the very good guide in
>> > http://crnl.org/blog/2008/11/01/flash-9-for-freebsd-71
>> >
>> > Konqueror is playing fine, for example, the movies in Youtube and also
>> > 'about:plugins' shows correctly 9,0.r152 for the flash version:
>> > http://www.unixarea.de/plugins.pdf
>> >
>> > But I can't play this chanel in vivo:
>> > http://www.telesurtv.net/noticias/canal/senalenvivo.php
>
>> Hi Matthias,
>>
>> I just tried it on my laptop and it worked as expected.
>>
>> My about:plugins says:
>>
>> Shockwave Flash
>>
>>      File name: npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
>>      Shockwave Flash 9.0 r152
>>
>> MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
>> application/x-shockwave-flash 	Shockwave Flash 	swf 	Yes
>> application/futuresplash 	FutureSplash Player 	spl 	Yes
>>
>> as well as additional plugins but not flash related.
>>
>> The laptop is runing up to date current.
>
> Hi ed,
>
> First of all, thanks for your time digging into that and even 'for me it
> works' helps me a lot (to no loose the hope :-))
>
> I've noticed already yesterday (and may be you too) that 'about:plugins'
> is showing older Flash 9.0 r64 together (or before) the 9.0 r152 (look
> in the PDF I provided in http://www.unixarea.de/plugins.pdf )
>
> The lines say:
>
> Shockwave Flash     | Shockwave Flash 9.0 r64     | libkmplayerpart.so ,,,,
> FutureSplash Player | FutureSplash Player 9.0 r64 | libkmplayerpart.so ,,,,
>
> But I did not know how to delete them from Konqueror (3.5.10); maybe
> this is part of the problem, or the problem at all?

Matthias, I have no idea how to use Konqueror nor how it works but I
did open mine and found both your R64 flash and my r152 flash just
under it, for what it's worth.  pequeño resumen de "about:plugins":

QuickTime Plug-in  QuickTime Movie  libkmplayerpart.so
   video/quicktime - QuickTime (mov,qt)
   Shockwave Flash  Shockwave Flash 9.0 r64  libkmplayerpart.so
   application/x-shockwave-flash - Shockwave Flash (swf)
   FutureSplash Player  FutureSplash Player 9.0 r64  libkmplayerpart.so
   application/futuresplash - FutureSplash Player (spl)
   Java Plug-in  Java Plug-in KJAS for Konqueror  kjavaappletviewer.so
   application/x-java-applet - Java Applet (class)
application/x-java-bean - JavaBeans (jar)
   Shockwave Flash  Shockwave Flash 9.0 r152  npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
   application/x-shockwave-flash - Shockwave Flash (swf)
application/futuresplash - FutureSplash Player (spl)
   Adobe Reader 8.0  The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing
of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.  npwrapper.nppdf.so
   application/pdf - Portable Document Format (pdf)
application/vnd.fdf - Acrobat Forms Data Format (fdf)
application/vnd.adobe.xfdf - XML Version of Acrobat Forms Data Format (xfdf)
application/vnd.adobe.xdp+xml - Acrobat XML Data Package (xdp)
application/vnd.adobe.xfd+xml - Adobe FormFlow99 Data File (xfd)

I would use ports and install firefox 3.0.5,
linux-flashplugin-9.0r152, nspluginwrapper-1.2.2_2 following the
directions in the link that you included and test firefox and then
look again at Konqueror if you still want to use it as your default
browser.

suerte,

ed

PD: You should see both flash players in about:plugins in Konqueror, I
assume, although  I have no idea why.