[kde-freebsd] 7.1R && Flash9 but teleSUR still asking for download FlashPlayer

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Jan 26 12:23:06 CET 2009

Quoting Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de>:

> Hello,
>
> I've installed 7.1R and portupgraded ports; flash9 is now working after
> following the very good guide in
> http://crnl.org/blog/2008/11/01/flash-9-for-freebsd-71
>
> Konqueror is playing fine, for example, the movies in Youtube and also
> 'about:plugins' shows correctly 9,0.r152 for the flash version:
> http://www.unixarea.de/plugins.pdf
>
> But I can't play this chanel in vivo:
> http://www.telesurtv.net/noticias/canal/senalenvivo.php
> it asks me to download a Flashplayer from Adobe... a look into the page
> shows that they require:
>
> // Globals
> // Major version of Flash required
> var requiredMajorVersion = 9;
> // Minor version of Flash required
> var requiredMinorVersion = 0;
> // Minor revision of Flash required
> //var requiredRevision = 115;
> var requiredRevision = 9;
>
> but it does not work; can somebody give me a hint what's wrong?
> thanks in advance

Hi Matthias,

I just tried it on my laptop and it worked as expected.

My about:plugins says:

Shockwave Flash

     File name: npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
     Shockwave Flash 9.0 r152

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash 	Shockwave Flash 	swf 	Yes
application/futuresplash 	FutureSplash Player 	spl 	Yes

as well as additional plugins but not flash related.

The laptop is runing up to date current.

ed