[kde-freebsd] kipi-plugins-kde4 port ready for testing

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Jan 23 21:22:58 CET 2009

Attached is a new port for graphics/ which builds the KDE4 version of
kipi-plugins. I've built and tested it with KDE 4.2 Beta2 here, and it
seems to work fine. If others would like to check if out and comment,
that would be great.

Just one note of weirdness with it, that maybe somebody more "port
experienced" can help me with:

When it builds, you may see some warnings that it couldn't find
libkdcraw, libkexiv2, and libkipi. On my system it still builds and
works, but I did some digging to find out how to fix this. I found that
in the /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/ directory, if you do a "ls *kde4*"
you'll see these files:

libkdcraw-kde4.pc libkexiv2-kde4.pc libkipi-kde4.pc

These are the only ones with the -kde4 extension. What's weird, if I
create sym-links to each, dropping the -kde4 extension, then build the
port, it finds all those just fine now.

ln -s libkdcraw-kde4.pc libkdcraw.pc
(ditto for other two)

Is this something I'm doing wrong in the port, or should these package
config files not have the -kde4 extension?

Anyway, looking forward to hearing from you guys on how it works :)

--

Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software