[kde-freebsd] kdebindings4 port (Re: KDE 4.2 - Missing printer app?)

Dima Panov fluffy at ael.ru
Mon Jan 19 01:30:13 CET 2009

On 19 January 2009, Max Brazhnikov wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:26:55 +1000, Dima Panov wrote:
> > BTW, kdebindings will require ruby19 instead of ruby18. With ruby18
> > module RubyQt is unbuildable at current state.
>
> It's not a big problem, different ruby versions can coexist.
> Just define ruby required version:
> USE_RUBY=yes
> RUBY_VER=1.9

Sounds good. Indeed, SMOKE part of kdebindings is very depended on rubyqt, as
far I understand. I'll try this trick with RUBY_VER. Anyway, FindRuby.cmake
is broken in current state and not found any ruby library, only headers.

> > For mono/c# - mono20 is required. Google/bsd-sharp-tree is suitable for
> > this dependency, 'cause ports have only mono10.
>
> The work is going on mono-2.x ports, though unlikely they will be committed
> before KDE-4.2.0 release.

> > I'll try to settle kdebindings into ${LOCALBASE} and play with RubyQt as
> > soon as my test laptop will return from service lab.
>
> Ok.
> Just to mention, the problem is not to install kdebindings into
> ${LOCALBASE} (it can be done, I'm sure), but to assure that Ruby/PyKDE
> dependent ports will build/work fine. But this is next step.

kdebase-workspace and kdepim find and use PyKDE as well.
Other ports should be fine too.

--
Дмитрий А. Панов

Администратор ЛВС
Государственная Академия Экономики и Права
Хабаровск, Россия