[kde-freebsd] wrong install location??

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Fri Jan 16 18:03:25 CET 2009

On Thursday 15 January 2009 01:20:44 pm Robert Huff wrote:
> Hello:
> 	I don't do much with KDE, so maybe this is the way it's
> supposed to work.  However ...
> 	I just install kdegames4.  I was expecting the executables to
> go in /usr/local/bin.
> 	Instead thay have apparently gone into /usr/local/kde4/bin, and
> non-executables into equivalent directories.
> 	Is this the default for KDE?

Yes, it is currently the default. While this does cause some problems, it is
necessary so that KDE3 and KDE4 do not conflict. All other systems which
support both KDE3 and KDE4 on the same system do something similar.

Maybe there should be a message about this when installing the kdelibs4?

--
David Johnson