[kde-freebsd] Testing KDE 4.2

Sat Feb 21 17:06:34 CET 2009

+1 to that

Compiled kde 4.2 from ports. Took a longggggggg time, but I have not
seen any issues yet. There is definitely an improvement. KDE 4.2 seems
much more responsive! I had only 1 obstacle on the way and that was when
it came to compiling a dependency (mpeg4ip), whoever maintains this has
set up the build process so that all warnings are treated as errors. As
you might expect the build generated a warning and the compilation was
aborted (using the standard freebsd gcc compiler under
7.1-stable/amd64). I had to resort to pkg_add for that one. Other than
that, things have gone quite smoothly.

A big thank you to the team responsible for porting this. It must have
been a huge task. Very grateful for the time end effort put in, well done!