[kde-freebsd] py-kde4, kdebindings, and kde printer for testing!

Max Brazhnikov makc at issp.ac.ru
Fri Feb 13 20:02:12 CET 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:50:05 -0500, Kris Moore wrote:
> Max Brazhnikov wrote:

> >> Two questions before start
> >> 1) what about compile time and cpu load? It's a normal behaviour?
> >
> > py-qt4 takes about 20min on my 2.4GHz box, so it's ok. Same to py-kde4, I
> > believe.
> >
> >> 2) how handle py-qt4-* ports committed today by Max?
> >
> > kdebindings needs py-qt4>=4.4.4. You can use area51 ports, which based on
> > Dima's patches (ports/130219), but they are not complete still.
> >
> > Max
>
> Max,
>
> Take a look at the tarball I sent over a bit earlier, it had all the
> py-qt4, py-sip, kdebindings and stuff updated to work with 4.4.4. I know
> there is a new one in there, www/py-qt4-webkit which kdebindings needs
> also :)

Hi Kris,

py-qt4 is almost ready. I've started from ports/130219, but it doesn't much
differ from your patch. Only several new ports need to be added (QtHelp,
phonon) for consistency, then I'll continue porting kdebindings.

As for kdebindings, I think it would be nice to have kdebindings as a meta
port, which allow to choose python/ruby/java/csharp bindings, and batch of
kdebindings-${lang}-${module} ports. There is no hurry to support all langs
right now, but python and ruby bindings are the highest priorities for me.

Cheers,
Max