[kde-freebsd] py-kde4, kdebindings, and kde printer for testing!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Feb 11 18:30:00 CET 2009

Hey all!

I've just finished up work on porting over the py-kde4 package, and
updating KDE 4.2 to build the printer-applet now. It was a pretty
complicated project, but I've now got the printer tray, and system tool
running here, and it seems to work fine. If anybody would be willing to
try it out, and report bugs, that would be great. If its deemed worthy,
maybe we can add it to area51, and begin really testing it out for the
ports tree.

Since this is a rather large update to ports, here's the instructions on
how to build:

Grab this file:

http://www.pcbsd.org/~kris/kpm-pykde4.tgz

# cd /usr/ports

Remove these directories:

databases/py-qt4-sql
devel/py-sip
devel/kdebindings4
devel/py-qt4-assistant
devel/py-qt4-core
devel/py-qt4-dbus
devel/py-qt4-designer
devel/py-qt4-designerplugin
devel/py-qt4-script
devel/py-qt4-test
graphics/py-qt4-svg
misc/kdeutils4
misc/py-qt4-demo
misc/py-qt4-doc
net/py-qt4-network
sysutils/kdeadmin4
textproc/py-qt4-xml
x11/py-qt4-opengl
x11-toolkits/py-kde4
x11-toolkits/py-qt4-gui
www/py-qt4-webkit

Extract the file:

# cd /usr/ports
# tar xvzf kpm-pykd4.tgz

Next, remove any of your old py25-qt4* ports, and start building the new
py-kde4 port, it should pull in all the other py-qt4* ports it needs.
Then rebuild kdeutils4, and kdeadmin4. After that you should have new
printer applications in your start -> applications -> system menu.

I've run portlint on all the new ports, and it seems to be fine :)

This is the most extensive port update I've ever done, so I'm sure
you'll find bugs, just let me know so we can get them fixed up! Thanks!!

--
Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software