[kde-freebsd] Problems with Juk 3.2.1

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Tue Feb 10 07:44:53 CET 2009

Hi folks,

Running KDE 4.2 on FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE i386. I'm running into some
odd problems with Juk 3.2.1 ,and I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing
them.

1) It will only play one song when "Play" is pressed.

2) The "Jump to the currently playing item button doesn't work."

3) While the song plays, the "Song length" field on the bottom bar
doesn't get populated. (It stays at 00:00.) The Length field in the track
listing is correct though, and the song length counter counts up during
playback.

4) Running juk with --nofork gives me these error messages:

TagLib: Could not open file
TagLib: Could not open file
Reading tag for
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
juk(16381): Couldn't resolve the mime type of " "" " -- this shouldn't
happen.

TagLib: Could not open file

I've recompiled taglib and kdemultimedia4, but no improvement.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
DMK