[kde-freebsd] Is there a port to support Macromedia Flash

Steven Friedrich freebsd at insightbb.com
Wed Dec 30 17:33:54 CET 2009

On Tuesday 29 December 2009 02:19:33 pm Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 December 2009 17:20:31 Steven Friedrich wrote:

> > > You need Linux emulation for the Flash plugin to work. Check the
> > > Handbook
> > >
> > >  at http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/desktop-
> > >  browsers.html
> >
> > Thanks for the tip.
> > I got it pretty much working with Konqueror, though there are some
> > buttons on the screen for next and previous page and they have no text,
> > they're just blue. And some other widgets seem to have empty bubble text
> > (tool tips).
>
> Does it work right on Firefox and other browsers? To be honest, I've never
> been able to get it working 100% either.

It took a little time, because I wanted to update my ports to give Konqueror
every chance.  So eventually, I installed Firefox 3.5.6.  It suffers the same
anomaly, no text on the Back, Next, and other buttons.  I believe these
buttons are flash widgets, so the real problem is in our flash support, not
actually the browsers.