[kde-freebsd] Tomahawk Desktop: KDE 4.3.4 greeter crash

Sagara Wijetunga sagara at tomahawk.com.sg
Mon Dec 21 04:03:26 CET 2009

Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> On Saturday 19 December 2009 11:04:03 Sagara Wijetunga wrote:
>
>> The core file goes to /root, it is Xorg.core .
>>
>> I entered "exec startkde 2>&1 | tee ~/.xsession-errors" to .xinitrc and
>> ran startx,  but it does not create ~/.xsession-errors.
>>
>> But following errors appear on the console:
>> dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call",
>> sender=":1.4" (uid=0, pid=1123 comm="/usr/bin/X)
>> interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Manager" member="FindDeviceByCapability"
>> error_name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.Hal"
>> (uid=0 pid=1062 comm="/usr/sbin/hald))
>>
>> Fatal server error:
>> Caught signal 11. Server aborting.
>>
>> waiting for X server to begin accepting connections
>> giving up
>>
>> xinit: Software caused connection abort (errorno 53): unable to connect
>> to X server
>> xinit: No such process (errorno 3): Server error.
>>
>> xauth: (argv):1: bad display name "tds:0" in "remove" command
>>
>> The X server is xorg-server-1.5.3, Xorg version is 7.4.
>>
>> Regards
>> Sagara
>>

> Well, your problems seem to be related to Xorg itself, not KDE. Debugging your
> core file and reviewing your configuration should be the first steps to fix
> it.

I also share the same opinion. In fact, I have already started to
upgrade the Xorg to 7.5 on one machine. If that alone does not solve the
issue, I'm going to check installation of Hal too. Installation of Hal
was very complex, we had to apply so many patches from FreeBSD. Not very
sure whether it was done right. I'll keep update the list on developments.

Regards
Sagara