[kde-freebsd] Tomahawk Desktop: KDE 4.3.4 greeter crash

Sagara Wijetunga sagara at tomahawk.com.sg
Fri Dec 18 15:02:49 CET 2009

Hi FreeBSD KDE community

We are Tomahawk Desktop (http://www.tomahawkcomputers.com/), a FreeBSD
7.2 based new desktop operating system.

Please note, we are based on FreeBSD 7.2 sources but NOT the FreeBSD
standard distribution.

We have installed KdeLibs, KdeLibs-experimental, KdePimLibs,
kdebase-workspace, KdeBase and
kdebase-runtime.

When we try to run the KDE, the greeter crashes with the following message:
kernel: pid 1096 (drkonqi), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)
kdm: :0[1077]: Received unknown or unexpected command -2 from greeter
kdm: :0[1077]: Abnormal termination of greeter for display :0, code 125,
signal 0

Those are the last 3 lines of the /var/log/messages.

There is no port system on Tomahawk Desktop. How we install packages are
described in:
http://www.tomahawkcomputers.com/pkgmgt-howto.html

Please note, at the end of the pkgmgt-howto page, there is a complete
example of how we install the kdelibs.

Please let us know what other information could we provide in this
regard to diagnose this issue.

If FreeBSD KDE developers are interested to download the Tomahawk
Desktop, you can get it from:
http://www.tomahawkcomputers.com/download.html

Please note, to install Tomahawk Desktop, you need at least one spare
primary partition.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Sagara Wijetunga