[kde-freebsd] need kdesdk

Chuck Robey chuckr at telenix.org
Wed Dec 16 06:30:12 CET 2009

I want to try to use the Umbrello UML modeler, which is part of the kdesdk4
port.  The problem is that, after I built that huge list of dependencies (all
bringing me up to 4.5.3), kdesdk fails to build, it gets a "C++ error".  I'm
using portupgrade, my OS is Freebsd-current, and I am guessing now that the fact
that kdesdk seems to be at the 4.3.4 code level might possibly be my problem,
when I've just finished bringing everything else in KDE4 up to 4.5.3 (as
portupgrade demanded).

I've just updated my ports archive, I'm not using an old version, but does
anyone here know, is there a new version of kdesdk4 in the queue, or maybe
there's some problem that folks know about?  Trying to run down a C++ error in
something the size of KDE4 seems like a herculean task.

I *had* all 4.3.4 installed, so I kinda hope I wasn't backstabbed by portupgrade
into doing upgrades that are the source of my problems.

Whoops, update.  I got the kdesdk version of 4.3.4 from the beginning of the
port listing, but here's what came at the end (saying, notice, that it's version
4.2.1!!)

Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
/tmp/portupgrade20091216-81933-dz7lty-0 env UPGRADE_TOOL=portupgrade
UPGRADE_PORT=kdesdk-4.2.1 UPGRADE_PORT_VER=4.2.1 make

This is entirely confusing.