[kde-freebsd] k3b-kde4 1.68.0 alpha3 port

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Sun Dec 6 15:05:53 CET 2009

2009/11/6 Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua>:
> on 04/11/2009 09:46 Andriy Gapon said the following:
>> on 22/10/2009 00:55 Jason E. Hale said the following:
>>> Attached is a port for the latest KDE4 version of K3B (1.68.0 alpha3):
>>> http://www.k3b.org/
>>> This is still labeled alpha, but may be useful for some users who wish to
>>> reduce the need for KDE3 libraries.  You may, however, safely have this port
>>> installed along side of the KDE3 version of K3B.
>>>
>>> I added support for sysutils/cdrkit, but I would not recommend it for users
>>> with DVD drives since sysutils/dvd+rw-tools requires sysutils/cdrtools which
>>> conflicts with cdrkit.
>>>
>>> I would appreciate any other feedback or suggestions.
>>
>> Jason,
>>
>> sorry for my belated feedback - this looks and works very good.
>> Please commit/submit to the ports tree.
>
> Hmm, it seems that there is another issue.
> Looks like k3b invokes cdrecord with unsupported device specification.
> Not sure if this is Linux vs FreeBSD issue, or something else (e.g. cdrecord vs
> cdrkit).
>
> [cdrecord] scsidev: '/dev/cd0'
> [cdrecord] devname: '/dev/cd0'
> [cdrecord] scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
> [cdrecord] /usr/local/bin/cdrecord: Invalid argument. Open by 'devname' not
> supported on this OS. Cannot open or use SCSI driver.
> [cdrecord] /usr/local/bin/cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try
> 'cdrecord dev=help'.
>
> Looks like cdrecord was started with dev=/dev/cd0 while on FreeBSD it should be
> started with something like dev=5,0,0.

Same problem with cdrecord or cdrkit, same problem with k3b-1.69.0.a4 :

scsidev: '/dev/cd0'
devname: '/dev/cd0'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
/usr/local/bin/cdrecord: Invalid argument. Open by 'devname' not
supported on this OS. Cannot open SCSI driver.
/usr/local/bin/cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
Make sure you are root.
/usr/local/bin/cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try
'cdrecord dev=help'.
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (amd64-unknown-freebsd8.0) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
Jörg Schilling
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM

cdrecord command:
-----------------------
/usr/local/bin/cdrecord -v gracetime=2 dev=/dev/cd0 speed=10 -tao
driveropts=burnfree -overburn blank=fast

using cdrkit :

cdrecord
-----------------------
scsidev: '/dev/cd0'
devname: '/dev/cd0'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
/usr/local/bin/wodim: Invalid argument.
Cannot open SCSI driver!
For possible targets try 'wodim --devices' or 'wodim -scanbus'.
For possible transport specifiers try 'wodim dev=help'.
For IDE/ATAPI devices configuration, see the file README.ATAPI.setup from
the wodim documentation.
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM

cdrecord command:
/usr/local/bin/wodim -v gracetime=2 dev=/dev/cd0 speed=10 -sao
driveropts=burnfree -overburn -data -tsize=353688s -

I was able to blank and burn an iso image when launching the commands
manually with dev='2,0,0'.