[kde-freebsd] KDE-4.3.1 Trash not able to erase large directory(1.4GB), and HDD space shrinked a lot.

Luis Suzuki luissuzuki at live.com
Sun Dec 6 04:01:01 CET 2009

FreeBSD 8.0 i386:

Trying to erase a directory of 1.4GB KDE GUI was unable to do so.The Trash icon was "full" and the  df command showed nothing had been
erased.I investigated and saw that the all directory was in /usr/home/me/.local/share/Trash/files/.For testing I did:
tar cf eraseddir.tar /usr/.../Trash/files/eraseddirectory/ ,and besides creating the tar file,2GB or more of HDD disappeared(beyond the 1.4GB
that eraseddir.tar creation justified).After erasing the directory in Trash with rm -dR and with all accounts my disk space shrinked by more
than 2GB(I found no justification for it).So where could this space gone? For any temporary storage when creating the tar file?
But I turned off and turned on the computer and HDD still has the same storage space I did not get back my expectable HDD space.