[kde-freebsd] system hang up

Peter Pieczora peter at peterpieczora.com
Thu Dec 3 16:29:15 CET 2009

PeterPieczora wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is probably off topic, but out of curiosity I wouldn't mind asking.
> Does anybody experience system hang ups after upgrading to 8.0?
> IBM T43 8.0 generic (thought that something went wrong during upgrade
> from 7.2 to 8.0. I did fresh install, but the problem persists).
>
> Which would be the correct mailing-list to post the message to?
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Thanks for suggestions,
It seems that the problem lies with iwi and wlan devices.

Unread portion of the kernel message buffer:
wlan0: ieee80211_new_state_locked: pending SCAN -> AUTH transition lost

cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address	= 0xc5e931d5
fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x20:0xc0f78b0c
stack pointer	        = 0x28:0xe52deb7c
frame pointer	        = 0x28:0xe52dec34
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 0 (iwi0 taskq)
trap number		= 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0
Uptime: 2m25s
Physical memory: 1518 MB
Dumping 145 MB: 130 114 98 82 66 50 34 18 2