[kde-freebsd] 4.3 but no PIM

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Wed Aug 26 20:19:45 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 26 August 2009 06:32:03 am daeron at optusnet.com.au wrote:
> Using amd64 / 7.2
> I've been unable to build kdepim4-runtime

Did you start out with kde4 running. If so, did you follow the instructions
in ../ports/UPDATING? Kdepim4 had things moved around. If you update without
deleting kdepim first, you have missing files. It is hard to diagnose your
problem with out the messages. It is difficult to jump in a successfully
build the ports on fbsd. You can use portmanager, portupgrade, or portmaster.
If you don't use one of them, failure is common.

> I've done complete portupgrade s with python-2.5 then python-2.6 and have
> now migrated the linux emulation from linux-fc4 to linux-fc6 still with no
> joy with pim.
>
> - I'm assuming I'll need to rebuild the system from scratch, but can some
> confirm a successful 4.3 build on amd64 ? And which python/s & linux etc.
> were in place for the kde4.3 build ?

That is sort of like rebuilding the engine of your car when you have a faulty
transmission. I used linux-f8, perl-5.10, and python-2.6. My fast system is
an Intel E8500; however, I am running i386 version of 7-stable.

Portupgrade fubared my gnutls update on the slow system, which I use packages
built on the fast machine. I had packages that still pointed to perl-5.8.9
and the -f option ignored conflicts and installed both versions of perl.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA