[kde-freebsd] Akonadi problem

Daniel O'Connor darius at dons.net.au
Tue Aug 25 13:01:58 CEST 2009

Hi,
I just tried KDE4.3 but I ran into a problem with akonadi. I tries to
run an SQL query to create a table but the mysql that is installed
doesn't like it. The query is..

CREATE TABLE CollectionTable (id BIGINT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY
AUTO_INCREMENT, remoteId TEXT , name VARCHAR(255) BINARY character set
utf8 collate utf8_bin NOT NULL, parentId BIGINT DEFAULT 0 REFERENCES
Collection(id), resourceId BIGINT NOT NULL REFERENCES Resource(id),
subscribed BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT true, cachePolicyInherit BOOL NOT NULL
DEFAULT true, cachePolicyCheckInterval INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT -1,
cachePolicyCacheTimeout INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT -1,
cachePolicySyncOnDemand BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT false,
cachePolicyLocalParts TEXT );

If I remove the 'character set utf8 collate utf8_bin' and run it by hand
then it works (and akonadi starts because the table now exists).

I am not sure what the real solution is - different mysql version
perhaps?

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum