[kde-freebsd] Cannot set wallpaper on KDE 4.3.0

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Fri Aug 7 18:16:41 CEST 2009

> 	Hello,
> 	I'm using FreeBSD 7.2 and my ports are up to date:
>
> FreeBSD petyo.org 7.2-STABLE FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE #0: Mon Jun 22 19:07:56
> EEST 2009     root at petyo.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  i386
>
> 	Yesterday I updated from KDE 4.2.4 to 4.3.0 and now I cannot set a
> wallpaper- from "Desktop settings" "Wallpaper type" is image and I
> cannot set anything as wallpaper except ".svgz" file. I want to set an
> JPG file as wallpaper (soft-green.jpg from KDE3). What is wrong? Do I
> have to rebuild anything?
> 	Any suggestion is appreciated!
> 	Thanks in advance!

I had this problem too. Turns out I didn't read UPDATING. Shame on me. A
couple of weeks ago there was a note about graphics/jpeg, and to rebuild
everything dependent on it.

To do that, you can run:

portupgrade -fr graphics/jpeg

or if you want to interactively choose what to update, so you skip the Qt4
and KDE4 ports you just finished building:

portupgrade -fri graphics/jpeg

--
David