[kde-freebsd] Can't build amarok anymore

Jason E. Hale bsdkaffee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 19:41:45 CEST 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 13:16:03 David Johnson wrote:
> Okay, I'll wait. But in the meantime I think it's odd that my current
> Amarok binary *does* work in 4.3.0. I haven't used it a lot, but it was
> running and playing music last night.
>
> David

It's not that odd.  It is probably using the old libraries in
/usr/local/compat/pkg.

It seems problem with Amarok 2.0.x is that it tries to build it's packaged
version of qtscriptgenerator which fails.  I installed the version from area51
which built fine except QT_COMPONENTS should also require "scripttools".

I also had to patch the build from using some files from Amarok Git.  It's not
worth going into details since the album covers don't display properly.  It
probably would be more worthwhile getting 2.1.x to work.

- Jason