[kde-freebsd] [CFT] QT-4.5.1 testers wanted

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Thu Apr 30 22:32:35 CEST 2009

On Thursday 30 April 2009 12:48:02 pm Oliver Heesakkers wrote:
> On Thursday 30 April 2009 18:17:34 David Johnson wrote:
> > Sounds like a quick and easy fix that won't have any side effects. Is
> > your KDE multimedia working fine?
>
> I'm no(t much of a) coder, so I have to ask: is that a hint of sarcasm I
> detect?

No, no sarcasm at all.

> So I installed kmplayer-kde4 from /usr/ports/multimedia.
>
> Three options are presented to me as backend: mplayer, Ice Ape and Phonon.

That's from kmplayer. What about KDE itself? Go to System Settings ->
Multimedia -> Backend. There should be Gstreamer listed. Can you play the test
sound from the Device Preference page? Will standard videos play with Dragon
Player?

p.s. Gstreamer needs lots of plugins, and they're not all installed by
default. You should have at least "gstreamer-plugins-good", "gstreamer-
plugins-bad" and "gstreamer-plugins-ugly" ports installed.

--
David Johnson